If you’ve been following along here or on Instagram, then you know I’m pretty far from a fashionista. However, the one event I usually splurge for or stock up on essentials at is the yearly Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This year the sale opens up to the general public on July 28th, 2021, but if you’ve got a Nordstrom credit card you’ll gain early access on July 12th. The great thing is that Nordstrom lets anyone preview the sale and get their carts ready by putting a curated selection online.
Why the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
Like I said above, fashion is certainly not my greatest motivator but there are a few key pieces I think everyone should have in their closet. Pieces of clothing or accessories that can be mixed and matched into a bunch of different outfits…despite the fact that I’ve practically worn the same Hocus Pocus sweatshirt and joggers for the last year lol. Well, with the world reopening it’s time to refresh my closet.
Since I don’t shop for clothing most of the year, I tend to use the Anniversary Sale to get some solid quality items at a great discount. Last year I bought knee-high boots, multiple sweaters, a purse, leggings, sneakers, a few coat, joggers, and several other staple pieces that I would wear year after year (if there hadn’t been a pandemic keeping us inside). It’s also a great time to stock up on discounted gifts to give for birthdays or Christmas.
I know a lot of “influencers” cover this sale, some of them specifically highlighting really expensive items. While there’s nothing wrong with the occasional splurge, I’m all for smart shopping for the every day girl that I am. I haven’t had a chance to go through everything in the preview but below I’ve listed some of the items I already own & recommend stocking up on, or items I’m excited to try! This will be similar to my gift guides that I turn out around the holiday season each year.
For Her / Them
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings (a staple come Autumn/Winter)
- Zella Live in Joggers (been practically living in them during the pandemic)
- Moonlight Pajamas
- Zella Live in High Waisted Leggings (my all time favorite leggings)
- Madewell Oversize Ex-Boyfriend Button Up Shirt
- Free People Swim Too Deep Turtleneck Sweater
- Chelsea28 Twirl Faux Wrap Dress (would be so cute at a summer wedding)
- Halogen Long Sleeve Chiffon Dress
- BB Dakota Prep Cool Plaid Longline Blazer
- Madewell High Waist Skinny Jeans
- Julia Jordan Floral Drop Waist Long Sleeve Dress
For Him / Them
- Boss Quarter Zip Pullover
- Ted Baker Zip Through Cotton Blend Sweater
- V-Neck Cashmere Sweater (I got this for Eóin last year and he loves it)
- Vans Era Sneakers
- Water Resistant Chelsea Boot
- All Saints Bomber Jacket
- Carrera Polarized Sunglasses
- Stella Full-Size Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner (it definitely stays all day)
- Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Exfoliant
- St Tropez Self Tanner
- Olaplex Bond Maintenance Hair Care Set (great for heat or bleach damaged hair)
- Nécessaire Body Wash & Lotion Set (looooove these)
- Laura Mercier Setting Powder
- Briogeo Trio Kit (great protein products for all hairy types)
- Slip Pillowcase (silk is amazing for skin & hair)
Shoes & Accessories
- Adidas Swift Run X Sneakers (I walked around Europe in these without problems)
- Steve Madden Over the Knee Boots (so comfortable for date night)
- Floppy Wool Felt Panama Hat
- Quay Aviator Sunglasses
- Argento Vivo Ball & Paper Clip Double Strand Necklace
- All Saints Fetch Leather Bag
- Madewell Hexagon Hoops (so cute & dainty)
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. This is at no extra cost to you and all products linked are ones I use personally and/or paid for myself
It?¦s in reality a great and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.