HAPPY FEBRUARY!! Super Bowl LII was yesterday and the Winter Olympics in PyeongChang start in less than a week, so a lot of people are going for the gold with their goals this month! I don’t know about you guys, but it feels like it took forever to get here; I know I’m not alone in thinking that this last month dragged on longer than any other January I can remember.
It could be the weather (Seattle got over 8″ of rain this month), the fact that kids are out here eating Tide Pods, or the overall depressing political status of this country, but I swear I’ve been thinking,
“January was a tough year, but we made it through.”
In my post ‘Yes to 2017‘ I talk about how instead of new years resolutions I like to make commitments or choose words to encapsulate the next year. One of the things I’m doing in 2018 is making a list of goals for each month. Some are bigger, overarching goals and other are simple, smaller objectives that will help prepare for a bigger project later on.
For a fun twist, I thought I’d give all the blog posts this month an Olympic theme; so as the title states, this is how my goals are “going for the gold” in 2018. I figured some you guys might be interested in doing something similar so I thought each month I’d share what my goals were for the month before and what I was able to accomplish!
Here are the goals I made for January:
- Come up with new site name & concept.
- Shout out to my person Kerri for being the real MVP on this one, I elaborate on that a bit in my last post.
- Rebrand all associated social media content (blog, Pinterest, Instagram).
- Changed my blog name, created a new “About Me” page and learned HTML basics to customize my site theme.
- Pinterest has taken a bit longer because I’m still going through and sifting what boards and content I want to be associated with the blog versus my personal boards.
- At least 1 new blog post.
- BOOM! Knocked that out and bonus, wrote some backup posts!
- Engage with other Seattle bloggers.
- Inve$t in my blog.
- This was a hard one for me because I’m quite “stingy” with my money and always looking for ways to save but this is one thing that needs at least some money to succeed.
- Solidify a skincare routine.
- I have had soooo many skin issues the last 9 months and I’ve tried everything but nothing seems to be working. I have finally gotten a decent skincare routine together (stay tuned for another post on this) but still trying to find the root cause of issues.
- Start couch-to-5k training.
- I wanted to get back to basics before beefing up my miles so I decided to start this program in order to build a good foundation for half-marathon training.
- Finish 1 book…just 1
- I am a bibliophile and will devour books to the point where I want to do nothing else. I’m pacing myself so that I can accomplish everything else I want so as much as it might kill me, 12 books for this year!
- Clean out clothes to donate.
- I’m a packrat and just let unnecessary things pile up, so it was time to cut ties with clothes that don’t serve me anymore.
- Lose 5 pounds
- …so close, but I’m learning not to see it as a failure, especially compared to how many other things I accomplished this month!
Here’s a sneak peek at some of my February goals, but stay tuned for the full list!
- Photos with a local Seattle photographer I admire.
- No dairy (kill me now, cheese = life).
- Yoga every day.
- Wear something other than sneakers to work at least.
What are some goals you’ve set forth for this year?